Become a member of the Dow Jones revenue team, where you will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to build highly interactive, dynamic and data driven applications for Dow Jones. Developers will be responsible for new product development, customizations, and enhancements and will work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals.
We're looking for a self starter who is willing to explore and learn about existing shared services, while also working to create new greenfield applications using the latest cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies to web application development,
- Experience with cloud computing via AWS or another cloud provider,
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM),
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture,
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment,
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team or work independently,
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Requisition ID 2017-30471
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top