Software Development Engineer
Become a member of the market leading Dow Jones team, where you will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to build highly interactive, dynamic and data driven applications for Dow Jones. Developers will be responsible for new product development, customizations, and enhancements and will work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals.
Dow Jones market data processes millions of messages per second from the major stock exchanges around the world. We are responsible for delivering that data at scale to our global audience. Become a part of one of the world’s key record of financial markets performance.
- Object-oriented programming ability (such as C#, C++, or Java),
- Experience with high-availability & high scale production environments
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture,
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment,
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team or work independently,
- SQL Server or other relational database
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- AWS Services
- Docker, Elastic Beanstalk or other cloud or container based application deployment,
- Queues (ZeroMQ, OpenAMQ, RabbitMQ), WebSocket (SignalR), Event Sourcing, CQRS, Ring Buffers,
- SQL & NoSQL – MSSQL, S3, Redis, memcached, BigQuery, ElastiCache
- Domain Driven Design
- LDAP, AD, OAuth, OpenID implementation
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28532
Job Locations USA – MN-Minneapolis
Job Function ..
Business Area TECHNOLOGY- PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top