Social Media Manager
Dow Jones is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to work across The Wall Street Journal and Barron’s. The role will entail managing multiple paid social media campaigns – from planning to implementation, optimization and analysis – across the entire social landscape. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in campaign building, particularly on Facebook and Twitter.
- Familiarity with major social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. If they are familiar with additional platforms, it’s a plus, but not an absolute necessity: LinkedIn, Pinterest + Snapchat.
- Facebook Business Manager: Candidates will need to have a strong understanding of Facebook’s business manager platform, including paid content promotion (boosting organic articles). In addition to boosting paid content and creating targeted audiences, they’ll also need to be familiar with reporting and managing budgets within Facebook’s Business Manager tool.
- Facebook Power Editor: Candidates will need to be able to set up ads and manage campaigns.
- Understanding of Organic vs. Paid Strategies: Candidates will need to understand the difference between organic and paid social activity, as well as how they work together. For this, they’ll need to have a strong understanding of how to best leverage the two together when developing paid campaigns.
- Creating Custom Audiences + Look-A-Like Audiences: Candidates will need to understand how to create custom audiences for Facebook targeting, along with look-alike audiences.
- Familiarity with Pixels, Tracking + Retargeting Audiences from Social: Understanding of pixels, tracking and retargeting needed, as this is an essential piece to any campaign development.
- Understanding of setting up paid content and paid advertising campaigns in Twitter: Similar to the Facebook requirements mentioned above, the Social Media manager will need to understand similar tactics as noted above.
- Familiarity with DMPs and how they can power intelligent bidding and customer segmentation is a plus.
- Comprehension and understanding of the publishing industry, including industry challenges and trends. Ideally, candidate has experience in publishing.
- Affinity for finance and news publications, as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28371
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top