Social & Audience Development Editor, Barron’s
This new position will be responsible for Barron's audience development across all social media and third-party platforms, with a focus on growing our overall audience as well as increasing engagement by our subscribers. He/she will be embedded within our newsroom but will work closely with a business-side audience development team. This editor will help craft Barron's overall social media strategy, along with being the main day-to-day manager of our social media accounts.
- Maintain social accounts daily, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and grow social audience and engagement.
- Analyze analytics (Omniture, Parse.ly, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advise on editorial strategies.
- Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content, including live video.
- Optimize editorial content for each social platform.
- Advise on headlines to maximize engagement and SEO.
- Engage Barron's audience, especially subscribers, through commenting/discussions, chats, polls/quizzes, and other interactive elements.
- Manage Barron's presence on third-party platforms, such as Apple News.
- Work closely with editors and product team to increase user engagement both on-site and off-platform, through personalized/related content recommendations, continual testing.
- Identify and execute on potential new sources of traffic specific to Barron's target audience (individual and professional investors).
Skills/background we're looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and investing.
- Social-specific writing abilities; ability to translate in-depth stories into accurate, shareable social posts and headlines.
- Deep knowledge of analytics platforms such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Ability to synthesize and act on audience usage and engagement data.
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, as are visual media editing skills.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29516
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top