Job Title: SEO Specialist, Dow Jones Media Group
You will play a key role in the growing Audience Growth team at Dow Jones, one of the world's leading publishers. Specifically, you will work across the breadth of consumer media brands within Dow Jones Media Group, namely MarketWatch, Barron's, Barron's Next, Mansion Global and Moneyish.
Our work is about driving the loyalty, engagement and expansion of our audiences – the lifeblood of any news organization – sitting at the intersection between marketing, editorial, customer insights, tech and product.
Understanding how content travels and how we maximize visbility of our content in search is the cornerstone of your work, from which you will derive rich and actionable insights that inform our product direction and editorial strategies.
Growth is your north star. Constant monitoring and optimization are your mantras. You are goal oriented, possess exceptional attention to detail, and have outstanding interpersonal skills. You will ultimately aid our award-winning content be discoverable in a digital world. Your expertise is in SEO and content strategy, with analytical skills, excellent verbal and communication skills. Having a sensibility towards UX & UI is also a plus. And if you can also front-end code like a wizard, you may just be the unicorn we're looking for.
- Work with Audience Growth Managers to analyze, recommend and implement SEO strategies to meet growth targets across Dow Jones Media Group properties.
- Conduct periodic keyword research, technical and content audits and competitor analysis to discover new SEO opportunities.
- Assume a cross functional role, working with product, marketing, tech and design teams to test and execute initiatives across several global properties.
- Uncover seasonal and topical trends that will help inform editorial content strategy.
- Optimize web pages for copy, metadata, internal and external links and landing pages for Search.
- Increase the visibility and knowledge of SEO within the global organization including preparing and presenting SEO best practices and helping define SEO as a KPI for all relevant teams.
- Analyze, track and report on overall natural search performance and initiatives.
- You will participate in our newly formed Growth Academy, a series of growth lectures focused on all the different growth levers.
- To work with stakeholders and suppliers to share knowledge of SEO best practices, and to clearly communicate priorities.
- To train key operational partners on self-service analytics platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Carry out technical SEO reviews / audits, focusing on both on-page and off-page SEO – deliver technical documentation for on-site recommendations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing SEO strategies and managing SEO programs, with proven ability as a self-starter.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Computer Science, or relevant field with a strong understanding of Search.
- Deep understanding of search engine best practices, ranking factors, latest SEO techniques and algorithm updates.
- Strong understanding of SEO as it pertains to the publishing industry.
- Advanced knowledge of web development, HTML and site architecture.
- Solid analytical and reporting skills using Google Webmaster Tools, Omniture, SEMrush, ScreamingFrog, Parse.ly Etc.
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc).
- Technical SEO skills including XML, HTML / CSS.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
- Experience with Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Experience with competitive research tools ComScore, SimilarWeb.
- Google BigQuery/SQL experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel (able to create pivot tables etc.), including Report Builder, charting and analysis of large data sets; PowerPoint / Keynote; Word, etc.).
- Familiarity with Google AMP.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30191
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top