Senior Tech Lead
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Tech Lead is responsible for the technology behind Dow Jones’ Online Sales and Service Journeys, with a specific focus on Marketing/Commerce. The Senior Tech Lead will manage technology standards and direction for a team of engineers who develop site features and capabilities.
Regularly launch site features based on your work. Be a creative and integral part of making the site a success. Look for synergies and be a change agent to unify platforms. Embrace and Execute on DJ’s API first strategy.
- New product development and enhancements, working with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals
- Lead developers, set standards and practices, perform design/code reviews, set an example, mentor
- Participate and report status in scrums
- Produce documentation and ensures team is producing quality documentation
- Adapts quickly to new technology
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies to web application, integration service and REST API development
- Strong understanding of Information Security best practices and design security into application design.
- Object oriented programming ability (such as C#, C++, or Java)
- Experience with web based technologies with a combination of the following: Node, React, REST, JSON, SOAP
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Understanding of service oriented architecture
- Experience with unit test frameworks, dependency injection and application profiling.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work across tech teams and with business stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Exposure to functional programming concepts (Haskell, F#, Scala) is a plus
- SalesForce experience will be a plus
- Played a major role in the development of a public web site
- The site allows users to perform transactions against their account
- The site supports a wide range of popular web browsers/versions (Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox)
- The site is responsive, instrumented with tracking pixels, and performs some AB testing
- Handled compliance or regulatory requirements such as PCI, PII, Tax, or FTC rules
4+ years of development experience across the following:
- NodeJS, React / Reflux or AngularJS
- SQL & NoSQL – MySQL, S3, Mongo, Redis, Memcache, BigQuery, ElastiCache
- Asynchronous programming
- Web scale projects
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS X and Unix/Linux OSs.
- Container based application deployment – Docker or equivalent
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29101
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top