Senior Software Engineer, Application Developer
The Platform Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Software Engineering based in Barcelona, who'll be responsible for the development, integration, support and maintenance of content processing and editorial applications; ensure that they adhere to established SDLC policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Lead technical discussions and drive effective technical decisions covering their area of responsibility
- Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry
- Understand and practice agile software development and management
- Being able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop & support ReSTful APIs & Database applications while adhering to our SDLC best practices and guidelines.
- Builds and executes rigorous load, stress and performance tests prior to deploying software
- 5+ years of design, development, and deployment of application software
- Skilled & proficient in the development of ReSTful APIs which includes using technologies such as nginx, IIS, apache, etc.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins
- Experience in implementing ReSTful APIs following JSON API standards
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of any mainstream object-oriented programming language, ideally C# and/or Java
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as SQL Server, DynamoDB, etc.
- Analyze database applications/queries and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Expert knowledge of XML & JSON
- Experience writing unit, functional, performance, soak and stress tests Knowledge of Cucumber is a plus
- Experience in Linux and Windows environment
- Experience in logging, monitoring & alerting of applications
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact with peers and stakeholders
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery of applications is a bonus
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment is a bonus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13710
Back to top