Senior Software Development Engineer
- New product development, customizations, and enhancements, working closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals.
- Extending, improving and scaling systems and applications built primarily on Windows technologies
- Assist , lead and mentor junior engineers, making sure to be an available resource and play an active role in their professional development
- Perform diligent, timely code reviews for your peers and subordinates, while taking their feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve
- Architect systems for fault-tolerance, correctness, security and availability
- Participate in our interview process to select and attract outstanding talent
- Help engineering leadership to constantly improve
- Participates and reports status in scrums/standups
- Produce documentation
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies to web application, integration service and REST API development
- Object oriented programming ability (such as C#, C++, or Java)
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Understanding of service oriented architecture
- Experienced in using various design patterns, both high-level (e.g., GoF) and those idiomatic to C# and MVC.
- Extensive knowledge in Visual Studio, Visual Studio.NET and Git/Gitub.
- Experience with unit test frameworks, dependency injection and application profiling.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Exposure to VNext/Core CLR technology, ideally participating in the early access program of Microsoft’s cross-platform implementations of and for C# and MVC.
- Exposure to to functional programming concepts (Haskell, F#, Scala) is a plus
8+ years of development experience across the following:
- C#, WebAPI & MVC 5+, LiNQ
- SQL & NoSQL – MySQL, S3, Mongo, Redis, Memcache, BigQuery, ElastiCache, or Event Store
- Providing REST services that use other external Web services
- Asynchronous programming
- Web scale projects
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS X and Unix/Linux OSs and shell scripting
- Container based application deployment – Docker or equivalent – a plus
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28536
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top