Senior Service Desk Analyst
- Responsible for answering telephone calls in a polite and timely manner whilst achieving agreed call wait levels. To ensure all calls are logged accurately and categorised correctly with all relevant information being recorded.
- Ensure that all emails are logged correctly and in a timely manner and that all information is accurately collated to enable the Service Desk or other teams to easily assess the requirements and respond to customers and the business within the agreed service level targets
- To ensure that Operational Level Agreement and Service Level Agreement levels are adhered to at all times.
- To prioritize workload, and escalate high priority calls to the Service Desk Manager and Enterprise Operations Center as per the SOPs.
- To work using own initiative and work within a team environment.
- To understand and undertake the roles and responsibilities outlined in the Incident management process to the highest standard.
- To strive to deliver continual service improvement, proactively suggesting improvements to the Service Desk Manager.
- To manage and hand-off incidents and service requests to offshore locations and coordinate with these teams as necessary.
- To maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Service Desk knowledge base to deliver an unparalleled customer service experience.
- To strive to attain the highest possible first time service resolution rate for customers.
- To actively promote the Service Desk team to adhere to good practice and ITIL process wherever necessary.
- To be able to document and collaborate actively with other team members as appropriate.
- To liaise with other members of the Service Desk in relation to Incidents and Service Requests and to maintain strong general communication lines.
- To liaise with members of the EOC and other Service Delivery teams to ensure good communication is established and information is readily passed to and from this team.
- To maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards technology, in particular security policies and company standards.
- The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the company's business plans and organization, including key users of technology and their needs.
- Provide deskside support to the customers in SB, if issue cannot be resolved over the phone or via remote control.
- To take responsibility for overseeing the end-to-end delivery of all service calls, incidents and work orders raised by staff within a designated business unit(s). This includes:
- ensuring call quality for the designated business unit/s is maintained to the highest standard;
- that calls are escalated where necessary;
- that calls are progressed to resolution within SLA timescales
- To act as the first escalation point for customers, Service Desk Analysts and Technical Teams for calls raised within a designated business unit/s.
- To support, advise and provide guidance to Service Desk Analysts in all aspects of their role.
- To support and deputize for the Service Desk Manager as required.
- To ensure the internal knowledgebase is continually updated and used appropriately by Service Desk Analysts.
- From the South Brunswick TechBar deliver support for the Microsoft Windows & Apple OSX end user computing environments and mobile platforms.
- Provide Executive Support for Windows and Apple client platforms for all Dow Jones Executives.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top