Senior Project Manager
The Senior. Project Manager plans, schedules and controls all project activities, applying technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project objectives. Responsible for significant projects, with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors and stakeholders. Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities and ensures completion of the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a agile and fast-paced environment
- Participate in technical design and application architecture sessions as needed
- Develop project plan; estimates; develops pre-deployment checklists & implementation plans
- Monitor project progress on daily basis
- Helps maintain list of production trouble tickets
- Assisting in the resolution of production trouble tickets
- Provide support for change release activities
- Manage all team members, their assignments, and allocations
- Interface with Business Team and Product Owners to help elicit UX/Front-End design artifacts
- Participate in UAT testing and work closely with Dev/QA
- Set up Go/No-Go meetings for various aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Use of project management tools (e.g. Jira, Smartsheet) – Create and maintain project documentation, dependency based schedules, status reports, tracking logs, scope documents, contributor to executive communications
- Workwith business stakeholders and Technical (Dev and QA) across the SDLC lifecycle to proactively drive the project deliverables and help set expectations to deliver on time.
- Mobile Web/Application experience considered a plus
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as a software project manager for managing custom web, e-Commerce or customer service web (e.g. self service) applications
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or a relevant field from an accredited US college
- Experience managing full software development life cycle of at least 2 web applications
- Must be able to manage small development teams and have experience with offshore teams
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall SDLC practices
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate other members of the team
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Communication & stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of SOX systems considered a plus
- Passion – about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communication that is articulate, clear and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to Detail – focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery Focus – pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- A Proactive attitude – you are a self starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends – such as challenges and best practices.
- Positive attitude – generating enthusiasm among team members and encourages collaboration.
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology expectations .
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28538
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Project/Program Management
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top