- Provide technical leadership of small teams using Agile Methodologies
- Discover, research, select, configure and deploy new technologies
- Work directly with DevOps and other lead technologists to push forward Dow Jones Engineering practices, Cloud deployments and technical excellence.
- Contribute to corporate-wide standards and oversee implementation of those standards.
- Analyze complex problems, create reports and generate potential solutions for software, systems and processes.
- Work closely with Data Strategy and Document Enrichment teams to improve our Metadata platform serving various Dow Jones product lines.
- Interface with Product Owners and Technology Program Managers to ensure ideas are taken from concept to design to plan to deployment.
- Lead efforts to migrate legacy platforms to modern technology stacks and practices.
Skills & Experience :
- Minimum of 10 total years experience in Software Engineering
- 5 years as a lead engineer on high performance, high availability systems
- Direct experience with deploying production systems in AWS or other cloud environment
- Experience developing using Agile Methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to analyze, decompose and estimate effort associated with various technical solutions
- Design and architecture for complex systems
- Software development background
- Expert knowledge of modern technologies
- Ability to usher in and evangelize new technologies in a supportable manner
- Advanced problem solving skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top