- Provide technical leadership of small teams using Agile Methodologies
- Discover, research, select, configure and deploy new technologies
- Work directly with DevOps and other lead technologists to push forward Dow Jones Engineering practices, Cloud deployments and technical excellence.
- Contribute to corporate-wide standards and oversee implementation of those standards.
- Analyze complex problems, create reports and generate potential solutions for software, systems and processes.
- Work closely with Data Strategy and Document Enrichment teams to improve our Metadata platform serving various Dow Jones product lines.
- Interface with Product Owners and Technology Program Managers to ensure ideas are taken from concept to design to plan to deployment.
- Lead efforts to migrate legacy platforms to modern technology stacks and practices.
Skills & Experience :
- Minimum of 10 total years experience in Software Engineering
- 5 years as a lead engineer on high performance, high availability systems
- Direct experience with deploying production systems in AWS or other cloud environment
- Experience developing using Agile Methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to analyze, decompose and estimate effort associated with various technical solutions
- Design and architecture for complex systems
- Software development background
- Expert knowledge of modern technologies
- Ability to usher in and evangelize new technologies in a supportable manner
- Advanced problem solving skills
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29847
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top