Senior Manager, Network Engineering
This position will lead and manage the Network Engineering team responsible for an Enterprise Infrastructure and be a part of domestic and international operations team. The team is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, integrity & security of the corporate and production data and voice networks. Manage collaboration efforts across technical and non-technical teams and oversee designing and implementing Enterprise IT Projects. The network is a mix of Internet, MPLS, and private circuits spanning 40 countries across 5 Data Centers and numerous Amazon and Google Cloud regions.
Location: Princeton NJ
- Maintain and ensure systems integrity to support 24/7 operation. Review/update preventive maintenance policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL processes, VMWare, NetApp arrays, DB technologies and AWS is preferred
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration and implementation
- Disseminate timely information and give guidance to Operations Team and other department stakeholders on all aspects of projects and maintenance tasks
- Provide hands-on support, technical direction, and mentoring to engineers
- Assess, develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery runbooks and routine validation exercises
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees
- Planning, assigning and managing workload to assess prioritization
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Skills and Experience
• 10+ years of overall IT leadership and technical architecture experience, managing 20+ employees in conjunction with large outsourced teams
• 8+ years' experience as a network engineer with experience in planning and designing robust, scalable networks
Superior oral and written communication, customer service, organizational and problem solving skills are required
In depth knowledge of operating systems such as Cisco IOS, NX-OS, AireOS, and Palo Alto Network PAN-OS; network protocols such as BGP, OSPF, PFR, etc.
• Strong ITIL knowledge and change management experience
• Solid understanding of modern web application architecture, complex cloud network topologies, and security.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven project management experience and understanding of network design models
• Professional level certifications such as CCNP and CCDP desired
• Coding experience is very desirable
• Network performance analytical skills and experience are very desirable
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top