Senior HR Advisor, French Speaking
HR Senior Advisor, EMEA
Where is it based?
Who is my manager?
HR Director, EMEA
What is the role?
Provide full spectrum of human resources business partnership to Dow Jones employees based in Europe, Middle East and Africa ("EMEA").
Functions include but are not limited to employee relations issues across EMEA interpretation of global and local company/HR policies and initiatives, processing recruitment, staff movements and terminations, performance management, compensation and benefits and maintenance of HR information systems.
What is my personal contribution?
- Business Partnerships: Build/develop cohesive working relationship with key stakeholders and business partners ensuring a smooth implementation and execution of HR initiatives.
- Coach internal client base to become effective in managing performance, conduct, difficult personalities, and engagement.
- Employee Relations: Effectively manage employee relations issues including large and small scale redundancies, local labour issues and employee relations across EMEA.
- Systems Integration: From daily usage share input/ideas on systems review/integration from time to time to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency of HR processes across disciplines between EMEA and the US.
- Policies and Procedures: Interpret company policies ensuring compliance with labour laws and local market practice in accordance with Global mandate. Initiate, review or revamp policies/procedures where necessary to ensure legislation compliance.
- Recruitment: Work closely with hiring managers and the Recruitment Manager in staffing requirements including headcount and succession planning.
- Talent Management: Provide sound and professional advice to business managers on their talent management needs in line with global practice/policy including Annual Performance Reviews, transfers, compensation etc.
- Immigration and visas: Provide advice and assistance on immigration matters where applicable and liaise with local and US counsel as required.
- New staff induction and training programs: Conduct new staff orientation/on-boarding program and coordinate training activities and maintain related record as required from time to time.
- Insurance and Benefits: Work closely with the Benefits Analyst to ensure employee benefits are effectively executed across the region. Manage/handle matters in relations to employee benefits programs.
- HR Database: Perform data audits to nsure timely and accurate entry and maintenance of the employee database and in all human resources administrative tasks including contracts of employment, salary increase letters, confirmation letters, and staff records. Including regular reporting.
- Contribute to and support the HR strategy in line with business objectives.
- Fluent French Speaker
- Working knowledge of France
- To be a key contributor to team performance, demonstrating a strong track record of delivery through working closely with both senior stakeholders and internal HR colleagues across multiple country locations
- Integrity, confidentiality, discretion, skills are critical.
- You must be able to multitask, project manage, work to tight deadlines whilst still maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to different situations and cultures.
- Finely tuned interpersonal skills and communication with a proven record of liaising with all levels and building with credibility and persuasiveness amongst key stakeholders
- Relevant and solid working experience in HR administration and management of sizable / multi-national companies and served in a similar capacity
- Experienced working in global organisations (Having the US as the HQ would be an advantage).
- High level of self-motivation and creativity.Driven to take ownership of projects through to completion, you must be comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced and complex matrix business
- Good leadership skills with the ability to achieve various team goals within a tight schedule.
- Commercial and solutions based approach to problem solving
- Experience and track record in delivering creative solutions to HR/People related challenges
- Educated to degree level preferably in HR or similar discipline.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications including HRMS (such as Workday/iCIMS)
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered to
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2016-29088
Job Locations GBR - LONDON
Job Function ..
Business Area HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top