Senior Financial Analyst
The FP&A group is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to support our business focusing on financial planning and consolidation. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental and product budgets and forecasts with a keen eye on achieving the overall financial target. Their analysis will aid the Director of Business Planning and SVP of Finance to assess the financial impact of the business’s decision making at a consolidated level.
- Consolidate and create monthly, quarterly and yearly results and forecasts into management level presentations.
- Develop corporate reporting and identify systems and data improvements.
- Maintain a good understanding of the revenue and cost drivers and trends, and prepare reports to senior management.
- Maintain the FP&A group’s deadlines in order to deliver key consolidated reporting needs within the finance group and to our parent company.
- Develop and monitor KPI reporting to help track business initiatives.
- Assist in driving project work from end to end (collection of data, creation of model/analysis of trends, and support identification of key issues and turning this into a management level presentation) to support strategic decisions within the business.
Skills & Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, CPA or Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Relevant Commercial Finance experience 3 years+.
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management.
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools and with Excel and Word.
- PeopleSoft and TM1 financial systems experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, good communication skills and a team player.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29144
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top