Senior Finance Manager
The FP&A group currently is seeking a Senior Finance Manager – Technology and Company Capital to support our business partners across the organization. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental and product budgets and forecasts. In addition to reporting, their analysis will aid business partners assess the financial impact of their decision making.
- Ensure that accurate and timely monthly financial and quarterly results are provided
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the revenue and cost drivers and trends, and explain/report these to senior management.
- Ensure that accurate and timely monthly forecasts are provided.
- Take ownership for project work from end to end (collection of data, creation of model/analysis of trends, identification of key issues, and turn this into a management level presentation) – to drive strategic decisions within the business
- Develop KPI reporting to help track new business initiatives
- Develop detailed Financial models and analyses
- Report on the financial implications of business/strategic decisions
- Ensure that business support is given to Department Managers
- Develop Corporate reporting and identify systems and data improvements
- Identify and address procedural problems/deficiencies impacting integrity and timeliness of financial/KPI information.
Skills & Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, CPA, MBA or Bachelors degree in accounting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Relevant Commercial Finance experience 5 years+ Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple Senior Stakeholders within a medium to large organization
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions
- A desire to learn and progress in Finance
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools and with Excel and Word.
- PeopleSoft financial systems experience preferred.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29049
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Back to top