Senior Editor, DJMG
Dow Jones Media Group
Dow Jones Media Group is seeking a full-time arts, culture, and verticals editor to work on special projects and other new products. The ideal candidate should be a pop culture junkie who always spots the angles everyone else is missing. We’re looking for someone curious, passionate and able to report, write and edit stories that people want to read and share. Experience with video is a plus. Social media savvy a must.
- Find compelling, unexpected and smart angles in personal essays and everyday features.
- Know when something is a long-form piece, a graphic or something else entirely, and is comfortable producing across all mediums.
- Move the needle on breaking pop culture stories in a way that appeals to our sophisticated readers.
- Obsession with writing stories or creating video or graphics that people will talk about.
- Be a leader in an ambitious newsroom by pitching the right stories while deftly handling assignments.
- At least 10 years reporting, editing or producing at a news organization
- Love a fast-paced, creative newsroom
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Self-starter who works efficiently solo, happily in teams.
- Strong love for features, pop culture and personal finance
- Lover of social media
- Low drama, high impact attitude
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and up to five published clips.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29135
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top