Senior Director, Strategic Workforce Planning
- New York, NY
Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks a Senior Director of Strategic Workforce Planning to lead the design and development of the global strategies and programs that we reach our overall diversity and effectiveness goals. As partner and consultant to our global business units from our People Inclusion & Management Center of Experts, you are a resonant, goal oriented leader who exhibits and supports our core values; curiosity, trust &humility.
Reporting to the SVP, Inclusion & People Management, you will collaborate with People Centers of Experts and business units to measure/prioritize essential talent needs that enable Dow Jones to meet its long-term goals and serve as a trusted advisor and subject-matter expert for all workforce planning activities across the enterprise in Media, Product, and Technology. You will develop strategic and operational workforce plans, including cost of labor and headcount forecasting and analysis. You will develop insights through collaborating with People Insights analysts and business leaders, and will use complex sets of data in decision-making. You will also facilitate the integration of the planning process across our business units. Your role will consistently assess existing workforce plans to ensure practical business alignment and exhibit the ability to work with cross-functional teams in the design of alternative approaches.
A true proponent of data-driven strategies, you are willing to challenge convention, build relationships and think critically.
- Develop and manage the planning of strategic, tactical and financial goals.
- Integrates planning process with enterprise stakeholders to increase effectiveness.
- Collaborate within the People function, and across the business units in shaping labor strategies, workforce location strategies, and budget-aligned workforce/headcount plans.
- Propose new and/or unconventional ways of working and engage and improve these new ideas for different regions through a digital lens.
- Collaborate with People Business Advisors, Centers of Experts, and the business leaders to define and implement global and forward-thinking workforce strategies and solutions changing needs.
- Develop workforce planning tools to assist leaders in managing and foresee their staffing needs.
- Proactively quantify issues and evaluate alternative scenarios related to our future talent demands.
- Support business units with leading practices and planning methods, thought leadership, and subject matter expertise.
- Provide assessments of workforce and staffing trends, and provide insight of the impact of strategic business decisions on the workforce.
- Help develop and incorporate predictive workforce models and scenario analyses.
- Develop actionable metrics that provide insight into the current and future workforce, its productivity, and business impact.
- 10 or more years as an HR practitioner at least 8 of which have been in a strategic staffing role.
- 5+ years of strategic workforce planning for complex global organizations, including utilization of workforce management tools and processes.
- Experience in media, digital technology and innovation strongly preferred.
- Experience with data management and having an understanding of data structures.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- The ability to work effectively in a changing and continuous improvement environment.
- Great desire to partner with the broader HR team, finance, legal and the business units.
- Excellent record of developing creative and efficient solutions for broad collection of business units.
- High skill level in managing both projects and project teams
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent judgement.
- BA/BS degree in HR/Human Capital Development/Analytics. MBA or other professional degree preferred.
- Human Resources/Workforce Planning and industry certifications preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: About Us
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 22063
Back to top