Senior Copywriter, Dow Jones
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding marketing, creative and demand gen team at Dow Jones, a leading news, data and information powerhouse.
We are looking for a Senior B2B Copywriter for our Professional Information Business, to work across a suite of products and brands and lead our creative marketing content efforts. You will be part of our in-house creative function, comprising design, copywriting, development, and video talent - responsible for all our advertising, event, product, marketing and comms materials. You will collaborate with the Marketing Directors and subject matter experts from across our diverse products and brands to ideate and craft creative concepts, and will deliver outstanding, high-quality writing for use in a variety of mediums - both short-form and long-form, both print and digital.
The ideal candidate will possess acute grammatical and creative judgment, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and will have a proven track record of translating complex/technical information into compelling copy for a variety of business audiences to motivate, influence and inspire.
Ultimately, you will create informative and engaging content about our products, brands and services for our diverse target audiences.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Write clear, persuasive, articulate and original copy.
- Translate service/product information and creative propositions into innovative ads concepts, impressive promotional materials, collateral, video scripts, web copy and/or thought leadership content that effectively engages and educates targeted B2B audiences and drives demand.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, in partnership with the art director.
- Write original copy and slogans for advertising campaigns and for social networks.
- Prepare and publish articles that market our company and products.
- Edit and proofread copy, articles and thought leadership written by partners and / or colleagues.
- Maintain brand and tone of voice consistency across online channels.
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility.
- Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners and brochures.
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- Proven work experience as a Senior B2B Copywriter, Product Copywriter or similar role.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to write compelling, clear, error free, creative copy for a variety of mediums - for large pieces of content (e.g. product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts).
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Logic, creativity and imagination.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EVENTS
Job Category: Marketing Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13338
Back to top