Senior Applications Developer and Support Analyst
We are seeking an experienced application developer and support analyst Support and maintain existing custom applications within the Enterprise Applications team. This is a 50/50 split between application development and support responsibilities. You will:
- Under minimal guidance, interact with end users to gather requirements, then design and implement solutions within JIRA to capture their work flow. Implement solutions in JIRA while balancing ease of support, end user functionality, system performance considerations and time to deliver.
- Under supervision, make code enhancements to various existing corporate applications (not necessarily related to JIRA) built within Python, SSIS, C# and VB.NET.
- Act as the primary support contact, especially for our Atlassian applications stack (JIRA and Confluence), responding to end user support requests with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
- Manage manual processes and automate in places where it makes sense to do so.
- Maintain service availability, fix bugs, and support the full stack on all of our custom and Atlassian applications (from the OS up to and including the code).
- Create or improve reporting capability for end users
- Develop solutions to urgent business problems, leveraging existing tools wherever possible, otherwise building them as custom applications.
- Make our tools talk to each other, (create or leverage APIs) wherever possible.
- Perform the above duties while maintaining application security, SDLC, and change management best practices.
- Proven experience working with one or more object oriented programming languages. (Django or .NET MVC is a plus)
- Experience designing applications, including application classes and database schemas.
- Strong SQL Authoring Skills, Microsoft SQL Server is ideal, and experience with SSIS highly valued.
- Good knowledge of common troubleshooting techniques (OS permissions, SQL tracing, Application performance tracing, network packet analysis, etc)
- Familiarity with common web and application servers and configurations: IIS, Apache, Tomcat. Django and NGINX a plus.
An ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Creative problem solving
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail, obsessiveness about getting the solution right and an aggressive approach in taking on work and solving problems for our end users.
- Focus on the details of Service Delivery
- Stays in tune to the needs and expectations of your end users
- Customer Focus. You should use your knowledge of the customer to develop solutions of an appropriate size and scale.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28545
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top