Senior Android Engineer
News Corp is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our innovative technology department. This role will be expected collaborate with our team leads and cross-functional businesses to create and deploy native Android applications.
News Corp has a global platform that already powers 21+ apps and we are adding more. This role will have the opportunity to influence products across different industries. This role will also be involved in open source projects to showcase their own passions and involvement in technology.
- Collaborate with teammates to define, design, and shape new features
- Develop Android applications that target multiple platform versions and devices
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance - performance focused
- Expertise in building Android user interface, business logic and other standard Android features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and continuous integration.
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- At least 6 years relevant industry experience including previous management experience
- Degree in Computer Science from a four-year university strongly preferred, but other majors and experience are also acceptable
- Strong knowledge of Material Design, view hierarchy, styles, layouts, and themes
- Knowledge of Android UI/UX standards
- Experience consuming data from REST APIs, preferably with JSON
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about your work with a desire to problem-solve
- Comfortable working across a broad range of technologies
- Collaborative by nature, eager to work across the entire organization
- Comfortable working in a startup like environment
- Talented with benchmarking and optimization
About News Corp
News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay-tv distribution in Australia.
Headquartered in New York, the activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Technology Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17292
Back to top