Senior Analyst, MIG
The Management Information Group ("MIG"), the business SME for financial systems, is currently seeking an Sr. Business Analyst to support our reporting function and budget & forecasting data management activities. Additionally, this person will be an important team member for a large project to replace our Core ERP platform. The successful candidate will utilize data management skills to support various customers of the MIG team.
- Develop PeopleSoft nVision reports and maintenance of related chartfield hierarchies.
- Monitor overnight batch stream processes and maintain the portal directory of reporting output.
- Interact with IT counterparts to maintain run controls, job schedules and standard report layouts.
- Act as an intermediary between IT and Finance to support users to resolve application issues.
- Support FP&A team on various data management functions in connection with the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Provide senior management recurring reporting using various automation tools and data management best practices.
- Participate in various sessions for the Core ERP replacement project.
- Special projects as needed.
- CPA or Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Relevant reporting / data management experience 3 years+.
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management. Ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail with experience in business process development.
- High focus on timeliness and accuracy of all reporting
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools and with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- PeopleSoft, SAP S4/HANA and TM1 financial systems experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, good communication skills and a team player.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30130
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top