Security Automation Engineer
Dow Jones & Company is looking for an engineer to support our Infrastructure and Cloud Security program. This role is responsible for the development of tools, orchestration and processes which automate the security aspects of Dow Jones' on-prem and cloud infrastructures. This role will collaborate on a daily basis with our DevOps and system engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of software development and automation, cloud experience and security principles, and be a knowledgeable, hands-on, collaborative, and energetic individual.
- Responsible for the development of code and tooling to automate security processes. Developed code must adhere to SDLC best practices, including documentation, unit and functional testing, and composability.
- Responsible for integrations between developed code and on-prem, cloud, and SAAS services, including but not limited to ticketing systems, reporting tools & dashboards, identity & access management, devices, servers, services, and so on.
- Leverage existing CI/CD pipelines, or develop new ones as appropriate, to ensure processes are automated to the greatest extent possible. Where manual interaction is required, ensure that inputs and outputs are integrated into automated processes.
- Evaluate information gathering processes with a view toward streamlining and automating them in accordance with the above principles.
- Embed security into standard operating procedures such as change management, privileged access, and system lifecycle management.
- Monitor changing threat landscape to identify and address areas of concern.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build automated processes for addressing and escalating alarms from the security stack.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure developed code is accessible and easily adaptable to their business processes.
- Champion a collaborative development approach which encourages and accepts contributions and emphasizes transparency.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of three, preferably five or more years of software development with a focus on TDD and agile methodologies.
- Strong Python development experience is preferred, however other languages may be considered. Powershell experience nice-to-have.
- Development and collaboration experience with Git Workflow.
- Experience with design & architecture using modern design patterns in a cloud environment, especially with the AWS API.
- Experience with cloud models such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and the security implications and requisite control frameworks.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT Infrastructure services, including security, directory services, identity management, network, systems, storage, database, PKI, VPN, SSO, federation services, WIFI.
- Knowledge of security best practices such as least privilege, defense in depth, attack surface analysis.
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complicated technical issues and risks to engineers, project managers and product managers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29515
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top