Security Administrator Analyst
Under minimal supervision, provisions and supports systems and applications that directly impact the Global Information Security Office and Newscorp organizational infrastructure. The candidate ensures the safety of sensitive information directly controlled by Information Security by implementing strategy, process, policy and controls.
- Under no supervision, performs administrative maintenance on security application and systems and documents all procedures for doing so.
- The candidate works closely with other department resources to ensure parallel procedural consistency.
- Monitors the state of the system, network or application component by reviewing access reports, logs and reporting access right violations.
- The candidate is expected to be a link between the provisioning tiers and the technical tiers offering technical solution to stream line provisioning and facilitating opportunities to automate.
- The candidate should have a clear understanding of the authorization model and how the provisioning process works. This includes the granting and terminating of access to network components, applications, and systems that have been identified as significantly critical.
- Responsibility includes communicating, with emphasis on educating the user community; the Security Awareness issues relating to provisioning and access control. Accountability includes ensuring that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures and polices when requesting access.
- Work with auditors both internally and externally to insure controls are compliant to governing standards.
- Experience working with Google Enterprise applications.
- Experience working with Workday.
- Experience working with Remedy.
- Experience working with Active Directory.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft modules.
- Ability to write and run SQL reports.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business colleagues and vendors in global locations.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve application/connectivity security issues.
Professional and Educational Qualifications
- Minimum two-year College degree in computer related field, 4 year college degree; or equivalent work experience or Information Security related training.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28872
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top