SAML Support Specialist
Position Summary Statement:
The Technical Sales Support Executive (TSSE) bridges the technical gap between Sales and Product and offers a non-sales perceived technical presence to key accounts. The primary objective of the TSSE is to promote improved technical integration and authentication between clients and Dow Jones. The TSSE provides support for customers leveraging or moving to single sign-on (SSO) for the full suite of Dow Jones products. The TSSE works closely with the client to maximize integration of "for free" non customized services driving active users & retention while working in conjunction with the Account Team to identify new revenue & consulting opportunities. The TSSE will provide support via standard contact channels to the Account Team and Key Accounts.
- Provide technical expertise related to SSO, SAML and other proprietary and non-proprietary protocols used by Dow Jones during pre-sales activities and client prospect meetings.
- Account Management
- Work closely with Sales to migrate PIB customers off of legacy authentication/login schemes such as ELRP with the ultimate goal of sunsetting outdated/insecure solutions.
- Act as project manager and key point of contact for all SAML implementations and migrations.
- Manage and act as key contact for our Education customer integrations for Consumer products.
- Work closely with Account Development Executives (Sales) providing technical input into all relevant customer relationship activities as related to SSO and seamless authentication.
- Cultivate and maintain a network of technical customer contacts to help champion Dow Jones within the account.
- Work closely with Product, Technology, and Engineering to develop and maintain expertise across all solution offerings ensuring the latest and most appropriate capabilities are reviewed with Account Team.
- Leverage CRM system and reporting to monitor and increase Active Users and User Login success.
- Maintain records of all customer interactions, opportunities and projects in CRM system.
- Act as SME and escalation point for SAML and SSO implementations across both PIB and Consumer products.
- Document all customer interactions in appropriate CRM system.
- Develop internal support documentation and training materials for 1st & 2nd level support teams. Deliver this training, as needed.
- Create and maintain Enterprise Profiles for SAML and SSO customers which will aid in 1st & 2nd level support of customers, minimizing escalations and improving first call resolution.
- Provide guidance to Product for future technology adoption based upon customer feedback.
- Develop user registration and authentication solutions that can be approved by the customer and supported by Dow Jones available tool set.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years experience in a customer facing technical role
- Knowledge of technologies which impact Dow Jones solutions including I.T. Infrastructure, Authentication, Connectivity, Content Delivery, Web Services API, XML/HTML. SAML and Single Sign-on solutions
- An understanding of EIP, CRM, ERP, Content Management, Database Publishing, Intranet & Business Intelligence
- Experience using Splunk, New Relic and AWS CloudWatch Monitoring tools for troubleshooting
- Technical selling skills, including the ability to match product and service with customer needs, conduct technical presentations and provide technical input for customer proposals and RFP responses
- Experience as a team player who has defined I.T. solutions in a collaborative business environment with teams consisting of customers, sales staff and development groups.
- Ability to demonstrate/convey to the customer an understanding of their business and the industry in which they compete
- Ability to build positive working relationships with external and internal customers through understanding of the technical environment, assess needs and solve problems to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information relating to web technologies and information services
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30371
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top