Sales Specialist - Risk & Compliance
Sales Specialist, Risk & Compliance
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we’re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television—including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world’s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Dow Jones Risk & Compliance business helps financial institutions and corporate customers meet international Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Corruption regulations, enabling them to consider their clients as an opportunity for growth rather than a legal or reputational threat.
The AML, KYC and Anti-Corruption segment of the information market is now one of the fastest-growing and mission critical areas in the information business. In recent years the Dow Jones Watchlist and Due Diligence services product has enjoyed significant growth and we are now pursuing a variety of new initiatives to build on this success and expand our position in the risk & compliance space.
As part of our investment plan, we are seeking an exceptional individual to work within the Risk & Compliance Specialist Sales team and with the wider Dow Jones Generalist sales force.
The Dow Jones Risk & Compliance specialist roles are responsible for driving and assisting other sales people in selling and marketing the Risk & Compliance product suite. This includes identifying customer segments, targets, devising the appropriate message articulating the value proposition relevant to the target audience and generating leads and new sales opportunities for the Sales Specialists and the Dow Jones wider sales teams. The prime focus of the role is on driving marketing campaigns, qualifying leads and setting new sales appointments within identified prospects.
- Identify, qualify, develop and close new business for Watchlist, Anti-Corruption and Due Diligence solutions across an assigned region to achieve individual revenue and overall Specialist revenue goals
- Assist in maintaining existing revenue with Sales Generalists on assigned territories
- Work as a team member with Sales Generalists and accelerate sales opportunities through the Dow Jones sales process
- Evaluate potential market opportunities and competitors to ensure we are maximizing revenue and selling against competitors
- Work closely with marketing to support sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyze underlying customer business and sales issues in order to match the appropriate AML or Anti-corruption solution/technology to the customers’ requirements. A solution sales approach is a pre-requisite.
- Maintain records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales campaigns in the global CRM to provide timely management information.
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High level of initiative and self motivation, ability to work in a team environment.Experience in selling information or due diligence and compliance tools to key business decision makers
- Knowledge of the processes and daily workflow of compliance/due diligence personnel.
- Understanding of internet and intranet applications, emerging web technologies, and industry trends. Knowledge of data feeds and APIs particularly useful and highly desirable
- Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a customer-facing environment in an adaptive style
- Ability to utilize effective influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions
- Ability to identify and architect multi-faceted solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to up-sell
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities ensuring revenue goals is achieved
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2015-26622
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 Sales
Back to top