Sales Specialist, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Position: Sales Specialist, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance,
Reports to: EMEA Sales Director, Dow Jones Risk & ComplianceLocation: Frankfurt (or Berlin)
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a specialist team within the wider Dow Jones organization. We currently employ over 400 staff around the world that solely focus on the development and on-going management of content based solutions, monitoring technology and research services designed to help our global customers meet exacting customer, payments, sourcing and trade finance screening requirements.Over 4,500 clients globally - both in the financial, corporate and governmental area - are relying on our services for their anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and third party risk management programmes globally.
Position Summary Statement: As part of our investment plan, we are seeking exceptional business development professional to work in close partnership with the Risk & Compliance Sales, Product and Marketing teams globally as well as the wider Dow Jones sales force. The prime focus of this role is to grow the Risk & Compliance business in the DACH region. Based in Frankfurt or Berlin, with extensive travel across the DACH region, theSales Specialist, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance roles is responsible for managing the complete solutions sales cycle for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance suite or products and services. The Sales Specialist,will drive new business revenue through any combination of the following activities:Grow aggressively revenue for the R&C business across the region through new clients and by cross-selling/upselling existing onesParticipate in, lead and coach the sales processEngage with regulators and other thought leaders across the regionSpeak regularly at industry eventsEducate the sales teams about the Risk & Compliance market dynamics, competition and develop effective positioning and knowledge for successWork with the sales teams to devise and implement territory business plans in order to identify growth opportunities and retain business.Contribute to or lead the writing of any proposal, statement of work or technical document relating the productsParticipate in, lead or coach the negotiation of terms, conditions, or price leading to closure of the contractDevise and roll out business development sales campaign across the region and key buying centers.Other activities, tactics and behaviors as directed by sales management
- Identify, qualify, develop and close new business for the entire Risk & Compliance product portfolio to achieve individual New Business Revenue and overall Group revenue goals.
- Work as a support member for the Dow Jones sales teams across the region accelerating sales opportunities through the Dow Jones sales process.
- Work closely with marketing management to ensure that events, PR, branding and communication supports sales objectives and execution plans.
- Maintain relationship with external facilitators such as technology companies providing advisory services to the market
- Maintain records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales campaigns in the global CRM to provide timely management information.
- Educate the sales team in developing and implementing both territory plans and individual strategic account plans to expand Dow Jones' presence within the compliance & risk segment.
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluency in German and English. Additional European languages an advantage.
- Degree level education.Experience in selling information and/or compliance tools to senior business decision makers.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to upsell to existing Dow Jones customers within a team selling environment.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about customers' issues to demonstrate/convey an understanding of it.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or background.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and reprioritise when necessary to ensure revenue goals is achieved.
- If you feel that this exciting and with significant position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit your CV. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 13699
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Katharine B.Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharine supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top