As a key member of our Professional Information Business Sales team, we are seeking an exceptional individual to work as an Enterprise Sales Specialist within the Specialty Sales team and with the wider Dow Jones sales force.
The Dow Jones Enterprise Sales Specialist roles are responsible for driving and partnering with the Account Executive sales team in selling and marketing the content and solutions suite that includes Dow Jones Newswires, News Analytics, and Factiva content sets across both the corporate market and the financial services market. The Enterprise Sales Specialist will also utilize their proven experience in successfully selling content to multiple buying centers in Fortune 1000 firms, along with their demonstrated experience creating and demonstrating use-case scenarios for the sale of content within this domain.
The role includes identifying customer segments, devising the appropriate message articulating the value proposition relevant to the target audience and generating leads and new sales opportunities. The prime focus of the role is on setting new sales appointments within identified prospects, supporting the generalist sales team on client and prospect appointments with highly detailed and specific knowledge on Dow Jones’ Enterprise products and services, serving as a continual feedback mechanism for the Product Group, and closing business.
- Identify, source, qualify, develop and close new business for enterprise datafeeds such as Dow Jones Newswires, News Analytics and Factiva across an assigned region to achieve individual revenue and overall Specialist revenue goals.
- Assist in growing revenue with Sales Account Executives on assigned territories.
- Work as a valued team member with Sales Account Executives and accelerate sales opportunities through the Dow Jones sales process.
- Evaluate potential market opportunities and competitors to ensure we are maximizing revenue and selling against competitors.
- Work closely with marketing and product to support sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyze underlying customer business issues in order to match the appropriate solution/technology to solve the customers’ business requirements.
- Maintain meticulous records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales opportunities in the global CRM to provide timely management information.
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Enterprise sales team on subjects such as sales approach, product roadmap, positioning, and value proposition.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in selling news information, data, and services tools to key business decision makers.
- Understanding of internet and intranet applications, emerging web and data analytics technologies, and industry trends. Knowledge of data feeds and APIs and their potential application in solving business issues is particularly useful and highly desirable.
- Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a customer-facing environment in an adaptive style.
- Ability to utilize effective commercial teaching and influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions.
- Ability to identify and architect multi-faceted solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as ability to up-sell existing clients in their territory.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities ensuring revenue goals are achieved.
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28934
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top