As a key member of our Professional Information Business Sales team, we are looking for a driven sales professional, a strategic business problem solver with an instinct for action, to help build Dow Jones' expanding data feeds and API business.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Sales, the Sales Specialist will work closely with their Sales Account Executives, Custom Solutions Engineers and Product personnel to drive and sell Factiva and Dow Jones Newswires datafeeds and API integration opportunities across the corporate and financial services market. Our clients leverage Dow Jones and Factiva datafeeds and APIs to build solutions ranging from light integration of news headlines within corporate intranets to more sophisticated projects, like implementing search forms or results within a CRM system, to incorporating a data archive within an analytics platform for deriving predictive insights to solve various business issues.
The role includes identifying prospective customers, generating leads, driving new sales opportunities and closing business. The Enterprise Sales Specialist will utilize their experience in promoting news, data, and integration solutions to multiple buying centers in Fortune 1000 and Wall Street firms. During the sales cycle, the Sales Specialist will also utilize their skills in listening to client business issues and designing business use-case scenarios that help clients understand how their issues can be solved through the use of Dow Jones content and data.
- Identify, source, qualify, develop and close new business for enterprise datafeeds and APIs that deliver Dow Jones Newswires, News Analytics data and Factiva content across an assigned region.
- Drive and grow revenue with Sales Account Executives on assigned territories.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product, and Custom Solutions Engineers to support sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyze underlying customer business issues in order to match the appropriate datafeed or API solution.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales opportunities in the global CRM.
- Contribute ongoing thought leadership within the Sales and Product organizations on subjects such as sales approach, product roadmap, positioning, and value proposition of Dow Jones data feeds, APIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High level of initiative and self-motivation to meet and exceed sales goals with the ability to work in a team environment.
- More than 5 years prior work experience successfully selling news information, data, APIs, and/or content integration services to key business decision makers within sell-side or buy-side financial services firms or traditional corporations.
- Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a customer-facing environment in an adaptive style.
- Ability to utilize effective commercial teaching and influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as up-sell existing clients in their territory.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities ensuring revenue goals are achieved.
- Experience and familiarity with Dow Jones Newswires and/or Factiva products and their business applications.
- Knowledge of data feeds, APIs, Internet and Intranet applications, emerging web and data analytics technologies, and industry trends.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28934
Job Locations USA - NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top