Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Conferences
Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Conferences
Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Conferences will be based in London but will be the intermediary between global sales teams in EMEA and APAC. With the ultimate goal to drive sales, the focus of the Liaison's efforts will always be around sales enablement. The successful candidate will work closely with DJ sales team members as well as with external sources to discover and follow up leads with the goal to convert them to paid C-Suite members or conference attendees. Key to the role is the ability to build and nurture strong relationships with executives, both internal and external. The C-Suite Membership Liaison plays an important role in driving revenue to the conferences team and to the WSJ Digital subscriptions team.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator, Conferences will ensure that Account Managers and others throughout the EMEA/APAC region are consistently up to date on an ever-evolving list of member / attendee benefits, as well as important program and attendee updates. In addition the Liaison will ensure that Account Managers and others throughout the EMEA/APAC region are always equipped with the most up-to-date supporting collateral in the format most appropriate for their region. In addition, the Liaison will identify candidates for C-Suite Memberships and will pass leads to Account Managers in a regular and timely manner.
Working directly with Account Managers, the individual will work to expeditiously move prospects and alumni through the pipeline and the sales cycle, and to follow up on registration, invoicing and payment processing.
The individual will work closely with the U.S. Conferences Sales and Marketing teams. He / she will be expected to work collaboratively with the U. S. based concierge team, the team that maintains regular contact with members' offices. In this regard, the Liaison will be available to onboard new members, and to answer any and all questions that members have with respect to event and membership details. This role requires a good interlocutor with their region and back to the US teams.
● Numerous years relationship management experience. Experience with conferences/events space and corporate environment, preferred.
● College degree (or equivalent), preferably in marketing, communications, or a business discipline.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills. Includes ability to speak effectively with all levels of management.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
● Excellent interpersonal skills. Understands how to work with different people and different working styles across the organization and inside member companies.
● Positive, energetic and dynamic self-starter.
● Ability to convey a sense of urgency.
● Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
● Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
● Resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
● Sets a strong example for others by working collaboratively, and in a congenial, professional manner.
● Multi-lingual, preferred.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30279
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function Sales
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top