Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations with over 1,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
WSJ Pro is a membership based newsletter, data and peer-group business powered by The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. As a premium membership service sold both to individual users and enterprises, it delivers proprietary market intelligence, in-depth analysis, breaking news, reporting, research papers and industry-networking to expert professionals. Its services provide members with the tools to be more successful. Our membership groups cover a spectrum of international business and economic verticals, including: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Cybersecurity, Bankruptcy/Debt, Financial Regulation and Central Banking.
Who is my manager?
Head of Sales, WSJ Pro
What are my accountabilities?
- Generate new business revenue from subscriptions(membership) sales, delivering against and exceeding set targets
- Prospect for business by telephone and email, in both existing customers and any identified prospects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features, benefits and advantages of WSJ Pro products and solutions to qualify potential product and solutions opportunities and grow revenue.
- Work with the wider corporate sales teams to develop and close new business sales
- Acquire knowledge of customers' businesses and organizational structures and demonstrate an understanding of their main business issues, to match the correct WSJ Pro proposition for the customer
- Display a thorough understanding of the different customer segment propositions covered by WSJ Pro and be able to articulate clearly to customers.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records to provide timely management information.
- Present and demonstrate WSJPro via telephone or Web to drive new sales and trials
- Build strong relationships with customers to expand new business opportunities.
- Be able to attend appropriate client member-events to meet invited prospects and existing customers
- Measure of success will be new revenues, volume of new memberships
What do you need from me?
- Previous experience of – and a relish for - phone based sales essential
- Proven experience of consistently meeting and or exceeding sales targets
- Experience within a subscriptions environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Energy, positivity and a personable, customer-focused style
- the sector is not essential)
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of the end to end sales process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and professional approach
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Additional languages are a benefit
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Requisition ID 2017-30490
Business Area WSJ PRO
Job Area1 Sales
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top