In this role, the Sales Associate, Media Sales is a key team player, partnering to sell integrated media solutions and partnerships to high volume and frequency clients. This position supports designated Account Managers to prepare proposals, maintain excellent client relations, generate leads, and sell to clients to achieve quarterly revenue goals.
Client Associates will be exposed to selling market-leading solutions and partnerships including product integration across the entire Dow Jones portfolio, custom content, conferences, online and print.
- Supports the sales activities of designated Account Managers
- Deliver excellent client support
- Prepare and send proposals for presentations to clients
- Liaise with the solutions engine to develop solutions and partnerships concepts and pricing
- Communicate and follow up with clients and internal departments in a deadline driven environment.
- Assist with research for meetings and special projects as needed
- Ensure that the sales team has the required sales materials and support information for sales calls and RFP responses
- Seek invoice orders and ensure internal teams have been properly briefed to deliver media solutions
Skills & Experience :
- 2+ years' experience in advertising sales support is required
- Proven high standards of client support and service
- Articulate and intelligent, with strong writing and presentation skills
- Candidates must possess initiative, be detail oriented, and able to work independently and within a team environment
- Organized and focused on priorities that move the sales process forward
- Creative thinker who can match marketer's goals with the unique, affluent audiences available through our media properties
- College degree required
- Attention to detail and strong written and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong familiarity with non-traditional media solutions, including custom content and conferences
- Strong familiarity with traditional media, print and digital medi
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30460
Job Locations USA-TX-DALLAS
Job Function Sales
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top