Returnship - People(HR) Team
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run from September 4th, 2017 to November 22nd, 2017.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of hte workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
- Parents returning to workforce
- Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
- Long term unemployed
Returnship - People(HR) Team
Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader is seeing a Returnee" to assist our Human Resources Team in a creative, professional and energetic environment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels. You will participate in variety of functions based upon business needs.
Here at Dow Jones our People team handles:
- Recruiting (strategizing about where & how to recruit, interviewing)
- Generalist area (employee relations, being the go-to person for our people)
- Talent Development (Digital Journalism @ Dow Jones conferences, personality assessments, performance management, management development, onboarding)
- Benefits (health plans, 401Ks)
- Compensation (global mobility, annual salary planning)
- People Operations (HR systems, Google Analytics)
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure.
- You have had some work experience that demonstrates your relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key, as well as an ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
The ideal Returnee will be passionate about working and learning about HR from a "best in class" People team. The Returnee will spend their Returnship in an environment that shuns paper pushing in favor of dynamic, effective HR solutions.
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems. We are seeking an imaginative, creative and organized HR Returnee that brings lots of drive, desire and passion. The person we are looking for is intelligent, quick on their feet, has a high emotional intelligence, and possesses a discernible sense of humor.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29614
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Human Resources
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top