Returnship - People(HR) Team
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run from September 5th, 2018 to November 28th, 2018.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of hte workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
- Parents returning to workforce
- Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
- Long term unemployed
Returnship - People(HR) Team
Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader is seeing a Returnee" to assist our Human Resources Team in a creative, professional and energetic environment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels. You will participate in variety of functions based upon business needs.
Here at Dow Jones our People team handles:
- Recruiting (strategizing about where & how to recruit, interviewing)
- Generalist area (employee relations, being the go-to person for our people)
- Talent Development (Digital Journalism @ Dow Jones conferences, personality assessments, performance management, management development, onboarding)
- Benefits (health plans, 401Ks)
- Compensation (global mobility, annual salary planning)
- People Operations (HR systems, Google Analytics)
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure.
- You have had some work experience that demonstrates your relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key, as well as an ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
The ideal Returnee will be passionate about working and learning about HR from a "best in class" People team. The Returnee will spend their Returnship in an environment that shuns paper pushing in favor of dynamic, effective HR solutions.
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems. We are seeking an imaginative, creative and organized HR Returnee that brings lots of drive, desire and passion. The person we are looking for is intelligent, quick on their feet, has a high emotional intelligence, and possesses a discernible sense of humor.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11495
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top