Returnship - People(HR) Team
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run from September 24th, 2019 to December 13th, 2019.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of hte workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
- Parents returning to workforce
- Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
- Long term unemployed
Returnship - People(HR) Team
Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader is seeing a Returnee" to assist our Human Resources Team in a creative, professional and energetic environment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels. You will participate in variety of functions based upon business needs.
Here at Dow Jones our People team handles:
- Recruiting (strategizing about where & how to recruit, interviewing)
- Generalist area (employee relations, being the go-to person for our people)
- Talent Development (Digital Journalism @ Dow Jones conferences, personality assessments, performance management, management development, onboarding)
- Benefits (health plans, 401Ks)
- Compensation (global mobility, annual salary planning)
- People Operations (HR systems, Google Analytics)
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure.
- You have had some work experience that demonstrates your relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key, as well as an ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
The ideal Returnee will be passionate about working and learning about HR from a "best in class" People team. The Returnee will spend their Returnship in an environment that shuns paper pushing in favor of dynamic, effective HR solutions.
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems. We are seeking an imaginative, creative and organized HR Returnee that brings lots of drive, desire and passion. The person we are looking for is intelligent, quick on their feet, has a high emotional intelligence, and possesses a discernible sense of humor.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Office Administration Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18024
Back to top