Returnship - Data Strategy
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run from September 4th, 2017 to November 22nd, 2017.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of hte workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
- Parents returning to workforce
- Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
- Long term unemployed
Returnship - Data Strategy
Data is the compass.
We don't just do stuff here, we do the right stuff.
We do the right stuff because we let data, hard facts, and numbers drive our strategy, our product development, and our way forward.
Here's how we work. Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third party licensed content – we process and integrate millions of articles a day from more than 32,000 news and business sources from nearly 200 countries in 28 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 49 countries and over 80,000 listed instruments.
During this three-month returnship, you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization. Among the projects our Data Strategy interns will work on in 2017 are the following:
- Projects to help ensure the smooth passage and timely delivery of content from providers ranging from The Wall Street Journal to social media sources.
- Research related to customized reports and newsletters from online news content and publicly available records.
- Content enrichment projects related to a variety of automated and rules-based systems used to categorize Dow Jones content.
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of Dow Jones data related to companies, executives and financial markets.
- Building and enhancing the content for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Solid research skills
- Enjoys working with news and information, without necessarily the desire to write the news
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- In addition to English, other languages are a plus as you'll deal with Data Strategy team members around the globe including Barcelona, London, Singapore and Shanghai (sorry, no travel required)
- Cover letter
- Either a YouTube video or 4 slide PowerPoint telling us how you believe data, hard facts, and numbers influence the world
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29613
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top