Returnship - Customer Experience
What is a Returnship?
A Returnship is an opportunity for professionals who have not been in the workforce for at least two years due to child-care, family care, and other life events, to transition back into a professional setting. Participants of the Returnship will go through a 3 month paid program to gain experience back in the workforce. The Returnship program will run from September 4th, 2017 to November 22nd, 2017.
Who Is Eligible?
This program would be open to anyone who has been out of hte workforce for two or more years and are ready to return. This includes:
- Parents returning to workforce
- Long term caregivers for sick or elderly family who are returning to work
- Long term unemployed
When: The Returnship Program will run from September 4th, 2017 to November 22nd, 2017.
Returnship - Customer Experience
News is about people—the people who make it, and the people who consume it. From Warren Buffett announcing his latest acquisition to the college kid scrolling through the WSJ app, both sides are crucial to the survival of a news organization.
So what happens when the newspaper doesn't get delivered, or when the iPad app crashes? What needs to be done when an analyst can't find relevant articles on Factiva, or when a lawyer can't access Risk & Compliance? Any of these situations could lead to a loss of credibility and trust, which is why we need competent and persistent Customer Experience Returnees .
In this twelve week returnship you will help us explore and improve our customer experience approach at Dow Jones. You will gain a fuller understanding of how other internal teams interact with and provide customer service. Over the course of this returnship you'll hear from key executives about our business challenges, receive salient issues to tackle each day, and pitch solutions to our management team.
Think this might be a fit? Ask yourself these questions first:
- Are you a people person? You know, the kind of person who's approachable, a problem solver, a self-starter, and a keen negotiator?
- Do you care about our content? We deliver the most trusted news and information, enriched by technology, to help our customers grow and prosper. Powered by Factiva and The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones content impacts more than 42 million people worldwide.
- Are you a good fit for our culture? Dow Jones is a company on the move. Do you "deal" with change or do you take an active part in being that change?
Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and Factiva. We celebrate the 1stamendment and deliver news via mobile phones, tablets, websites, newspapers, and feeds around the world. Are you into that?
To apply, please submit:
- 400 word essay telling us, "What makes you stand out from the pack?"
- Either a YouTube video or 4 slide PowerPoint telling us, "How do you interact with 'customers' (think broadly) on a day to day basis. How do you go above & beyond?"
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29615
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Customer Service
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top