Retention Marketing Manager, MarketWatch/Barron's
- New York, NY
MarketWatch/Barron's Retention Manager
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations with over 1,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and MarketWatch brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a dynamic retention experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing an excellent experience and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
You will report to the Associate Director of Retention.
What are my accountabilities?
- Global churn prevention and ARPU growth of customer base across Market Watch and Barron's consumer products.
- Develop and drive a strong collaborative relationship with Customer Experience to build customer management and reporting capabilities around the life-cycle that enable execution, assessment and optimization of the approach.
- Develop and drive a strong collaborative relationship with Marketing teams to understand how we can leverage other brand extensions to reduce churn in Marketwatch and Barron's.
- Lead development of data to build a world class churn prevention strategy in order to achieve our corporate goals.
- Ensure that churn is a focus across the company by making sure it is well represented in all initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Optimization team to continuously test and optimize the customer experience in the renewal series and saves programs.
- Define and lead the strategy for renewals and the saves team in Marketwatch and Barron's.
- Help to develop pricing strategy and size its impact on churn.
- Manage relationships with WSJ+ team to develop ideas on how it could help Marketwatch and Barron's churn.
- Strive to understand our customers and put them at the heart of what we do.
- Continually provide fresh ideas around improvements based on prevention/retention/saves trends.
- Influence other parts of the business where their contribution directly impacts Net Growth
- Build the capability and capacity of individuals and team through constructive feedback, and challenge to enable team effectiveness and to drive business performance.
What do you need from me?
- Improve Marketwatch and Barron's Churn by 2% points.
- Establish saves journeys for all user types.
- Ensure we provide a first class customer experience in retention through our customer service environment and in our products by increasing CSAT scores by 5%.
- Build out online cancellation capabilities to optimize for save rate.
- Work with data scientists and strategy team for long term price rise opportunities
- Passion for Marketwatch and Barron's strategy and vision.
- A proven track record in leading strategic customer churn prevention and marketing to drive results.
- Tenacity - proven ability to find solutions when data is hard to come by, through strategic hypothesis.
- Focus - a goals driven approach and ability to work at pace.
- Innovation - a willingness and proven ability to deliver churn prevention strategies that challenge perceived wisdoms.
- Commercial acumen - proven track record of developing customer facing strategies which drive loyalty and revenue.
- A performance and data driven marketing approach and ability to translate this into customer strategy and comms.
- Ability to communicate technical or data led information to the biz in an engaging and informative manner.
- The ability to work in a matrix structure, motivating the wider team.
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments and revenue models.
- Energetic, collaborative, and driven.
- 1-3 years of experience in Retention Marketing
How do I apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please apply here or via your manager.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: Marketing Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 22416
Back to top