Research Manager, Risk & Compliance
We are looking for high calibre professionals to apply for this role in Singapore:
Research Manager, R&C Special Interest People (SIP)
The role of the Research Manager, Special Interest People, within Risk and Compliance, is to lead, in a collaborative environment, a team researching, compiling and updating accurate and complete profiles of individuals who meet specific coverage criteria. The team updates and maintains the Special Interest global database of individuals who are alleged to have committed offences above a specific financial threshold in particular crime categories.
The Research Manager is responsible for motivating and managing the team in order to meet the team’s targets in terms of volume, timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the profiles. The Manager’s duties include recruitment, training, defining goals, allocating resources appropriately across the team, performance management and staff development.
- Ensuring the team meets its coverage targets with no backlog of data or coverage gaps
- Ensuring the team’s profiles are well-written, unbiased, complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure updates are added in a timely fashion to profiles
- Ensuring client and internal queries are handled correctly and in a timely fashion
- Suggesting improvements to the processes, tools and data relating to the identification and creation of the profiles
- Assisting with the compilation and distribution of key metrics and regular reports relating to profile data
- Assisting with special projects relating to people data
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level with excellent research and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and at least one other language is essential
- Experience of at least one year of managing and motivating a team within Data Strategy a clear advantage
- Excellent understanding of Risk and Compliance, its structure, content and research methodology
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’ service obligations to its clients
- Experience creating Special Interest profiles is an advantage
- Good organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel
- Ability to use online tools to identify and extract key information
- Attention to detail
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading business news and information services companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume, contact details and current and expected salary to:
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28615
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top