Research Editor, SOR
We are looking for talented professionals to fill the following vacancy in our Singapore office:
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled by sanctioned subjects (people and entities) in countries around the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Sanctions Ownership Research (SOR) database, a new global reference database of companies related to sanctioned subjects. This new content set will form part of the Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business.
- Use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including company and government websites and sources carried on Dow Jones’s own products.
- Extract data from the above-mentioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on SOR selection and the level of corporate details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of companies in the industry while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the SOR Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level.
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’s service obligations to its Clients.
- Research and/or editorialknowledge.
- Fluency in English and at least one major Asian language.
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources.
- Excellent proof reading skills and organisational skills.
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle large volumes of information.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work outside a traditional office environment.
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading business news and information services companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume, contact details and current and expected salary to https://internationalcareers-dowjones-newscorp.icims.com/jobs/28090/job
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28090
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top