Research Editor, SIP (English & Japanese lang.)
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world. This position is part of DJ’s Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages. Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
We are looking for talented professionals to fill the following vacancy in our Singapore office:
Research Editor, SIP (English & Japanese)
The role of the Research Editor, Special Interest People (SIP) is to research, compile and update for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance accurate and complete profiles of individuals who meet specific coverage criteria. The team updates and maintains the Special Interest global database of individuals who are alleged to have committed offences above a specific financial threshold in particular crime categories.
- Researching and identifying key data for individuals meeting the coverage criteria
- Ensuring that profiles are well-written, unbiased, complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Ensuring they meet coverage targets ensuring no backlog of data builds up
- Ensure updates are added in a timely fashion to profiles
- Ensuring that queries are handled correctly and in a timely fashion
- Suggesting improvements to the processes, tools and data relating to the identification and creation of the profiles
- Assisting with the compilation and distribution of key metrics and regular reports relating to profile data
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential, additionally candidates must be fluent in Japanese.Additional languages are an advantage, particularly Urdu, any Indian languages or Arabic.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel
- Ability to use online tools to identify and extract key information
- Attention to detail
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to track and prioritise tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading business news and information services companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume, contact details and current and expected salary to: Dow Jones Careers 28606
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2016-28606
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top