Research Editor Secondary Private Markets
Research Associate, Secondary
Location - Barcelona
Dow Jones & Company is currently seeking an entry-level Research Associate to join our Private Markets group in the Barcelona office. We are looking for an intelligent, positive, and responsible team member with high initiative, strong communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should exhibit an inquisitive nature and be able to learn quickly. The Research Associate will report to the Research Manager.
The Research Associate will:
- Research the financing status and progress of venture capital and private equity-backed companies and investment firms.
- Update a proprietary database using various sources that may include news articles, regulatory filings, Internet research, surveys and social media.
- Have the ability to read a newspaper or spreadsheet and rapidly spot the errors that others failed to catch. At the same time, a sense of perspective is needed to see the bigger picture.
- Learn venture capital and private equity lifecycle; and mechanisms of the private capital markets.
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute with projects as needed.
- University degree required.
- Must be comfortable speaking effectively and professionally.
- Excellent proofreading and editorial skills.
- Experience in a PC/Windows environment primarily using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint helpful, and experience with Internet research preferred.
- General knowledge about economics and the financial markets in general, and the venture capital industry in particular, is helpful but not necessary. A broad interest in learning more about these topics, as well as a fascination with high-tech entrepreneurial startups, is essential.
- Fluent English (spoken and written). Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
What we offer? - In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply? - If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered.
Internal - If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV and cover letter detailing your motivations and suitability for the role. Please also ensure that you have discussed your application with both your current manager and the hiring manager.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29840
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top