Research Editor, Politically Exposed Persons
- Barcelona, Spain
Position Title: Research Editor, Politically Exposed Persons
Reports to: Manager, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Risk & Compliance, Data Strategy
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on politically influential people in countries all round the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Watchlist database, a global reference database of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of details required. The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
Depending on their skills and expertise the Research Editor may be required to compile Due Diligence (DD) reports on companies and/or individuals or contribute to other projects relating to the research and analysis of information relating to individuals.
Dow Jones' Risk & Compliance business provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
The Risk & Compliance division is part of Dow Jones Data Strategy which produces leading databases, electronic media, newsletters, conferences, directories, webinars, custom publications and other information services on specialized markets and industry sectors.
- Use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
- Extract data from the above-mentioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of personal details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluency in English and one of these languages: Hebrew/French/German/Dutch is essential. Any additional language is an advantage
- Interest in politics and anti-money laundering regulations is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs.
- Excellent research, editorial and analytical skills.
- Excellent web-searching skills.
- Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources.
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information.
- Good organizational skills. The candidate must be able to efficiently track and prioritize tasks.
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Education to degree level.
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19234
Back to top