Research Editor, Politically Exposed Person (English & Persian or Sinhalese)
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on politically influential people in countries all round the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Watchlist database, a global reference database of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of personal details required. The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
Dow Jones’ Risk and Compliance business provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies — enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
The Risk and Compliance division is part of Dow Jones Data Strategy which produces leading databases, electronic media, newsletters, conferences, directories, webinars, custom publications and other information services on specialized markets and industry sectors.
- Use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
- Extract data from the abovementioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of personal details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources
- Strong knowledge of (and interest in) international affairs
- Fluency in English , and additional language preferably Persian or Sinhala , is essential.
- Understanding of the political landscape in Asia
- Research or editorial experience with web searching skills
- Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Good organizational skills
- Education to degree level
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent proof reading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work outside a traditional office environment
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading business news and information services companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume, contact details and current and expected salary to https://internationalcareers-dowjones-newscorp.icims.com/jobs/29054/job
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-29054
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function ..
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top