Research Editor, MSB
Position Title: Research Editor, Money Services Business, Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones
Reports To: Manager, Money Services Business, Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world. This position is part of DJ's Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages. Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
The Research Editor will be part of the Risk & Compliance team, a division of Data Strategy. The Dow Jones Risk & Compliance business provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies - enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
The Research Editor's primary responsibility will be the identification, creation and updating of company profile and licence data for money services businesses (MSB) and/or marijuana related businesses (MRB) using the internet and internal tools. These details are required for the Dow Jones High Risk Factors database, a global reference risk database. The position holder will also contribute to other company data-related projects and tasks. Excellent research skills and attention to detail are required.
- Use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and locally published directories.
- Extract data from the abovementioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on MSB/MRB selection and the level of licence details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of money services businesses while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the MSB/MRB Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to use online tools to extract key information
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proof reading skills and organisational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Understanding of the corporate landscape in Iran a plus
- Fluency in English and at least one other major global language
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30373
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top