Research Editor, Due Diligence
Research Editor, Due Diligence
The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team globally in Barcelona, London, Princeton, Shanghai and Singapore, to ensure that the reports and daily updates meet client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness by establishing and monitoring standards. They will also contribute to the tools, data, audits and guidelines that will support each member of the team to produce the highest quality data possible.
The research editor may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
- Research and write Due Diligence reports to exact specifications, using a range of relevant electronic published sources, including company and government websites and sources carried on Dow Jones's own products.
- Respond to queries from management, sales and clients quickly, clearly and courteously.
- Contribute to ensuring coverage definitions, procedures and standards relating to Due Diligence reports are up to date.
- Contribute to guidelines, data collection and tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the Due Diligence team.
- Contribute to the definition of key quality metrics.
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence is ideal.
- Fluency in English is also essential as well as one other Asian languages
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Library skills a plus
- Strong editing and proofreading skills. Prior experience in research or editorial role an advantage
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and excellent time-management skills and to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs. Specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading business news and information services companies! If you feel that this exciting and fast paced matches your experience and motivation, then please submit your CV, current/expected salary and a cover letter to:
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30065
Job Locations SGP-SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top