Research Editor, Data Solutions (1-year Contract to Perm)
The Data Solutions team is integral to Dow Jones Data Strategy. Dow Jones Risk & Compliance Data Solutions leverage our market-leading research expertise and methodologies to assist organisations with data-related projects, providing value-added services to deliver projects on time and within budget.
The role of the Research Editor is to perform AML risk-based review and analysis on individual and business accounts who match with Dow Jones Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and Adverse Media lists and adjudicate alerts accordingly for further review. This role performs watch list screening for name matching, utilizing an understanding of Bank AML and OFAC regulatory policies and procedures. There is a high degree of responsibility attached to this role as the role holder will be responsible for disposition of name screening escalations and accurately resolve matches identified. It also requires the ability to consolidate multiple data sets from different sources and analyse the data accurately and efficiently. When processing data, it is crucial that the person is able to identify problems as they arise and provide appropriate solutions in a timely manner. The Research Editor will be responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and up-to-date internal documentation as well as client-facing material related to Data Solutions. Additionally, the Research Editor acts as a QA function for AML risk reviews.
A professional attitude will be necessary as the Research Editor will be exposed to client facing environments when working on-site at client offices.
- Familiar with AML typologies, any experience with name (or transaction) screening in banking environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with Factiva, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance (or similar products) are considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential. Professional-level fluency in any of the following languages will be a significant advantage: Chinese, Arabic, Malay, Burmese, Japanese, Vietnamese or Hindi.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas and functions is essential
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail along with a tenacity for noticing anomalies is critical
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Customer-focused: putting the customer first responding with a sense of urgency
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Flexible team player with a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- This is a 1-year contract position with the possibility of permanent conversion thereafter
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary to us.
Only short listed candidates will be notified
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29894
Job Locations SGP-SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top