RESEARCH EDITOR, EXECUTIVE DATA
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, EXECUTIVE DATA
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on executives in countries all round the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones products, such as Factiva and Companies & Executives.
The Research Editor is required to use a range of internal tools as well as relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including company registers, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published directories.
The Research Editor must ensure that Executive data is accurate by continuously identifying any duplicate executive codes and consolidating them under corresponding final survivor code following a set of internal guidelines. Footprints for each executive must also be checked to ensure the news articles are coded correctly.
- Identify duplicate executives code coming from different external data providers, confirm the duplicates by research, determine the final survivor following a set of internal guidelines and consolidate the codes
- Check footprint information for each executive code, where appropriate, to make sure it extracts the correct articles for each executive
- Make sure that all news-coded article are referring to the correct executive
- Keeping clear, detailed and up-to-date records of all requests.
- Suggest, and assist in the implementation of, improvements to executive code related data and procedures for storing and handling the data
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’s service obligations to its Clients
- Strong knowledge of (and interest in) business affairs
- Research or editorial experience
- Advanced English is essential.
- Flexibility is key
- Web searching and Excellent proofreading skills
- Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Good organizational skills
- Education to degree level
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self- motivated, flexible and adaptable to work outside a traditional office environment
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-29139
Job Locations ESP – BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top