Position Title: Research Editor, French, Special Interest (Temporary position)
Reports to: Manager, Special Interest People (SIP), Risk and Compliance, Data Strategy
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The role of the Research Editor, Special Interest People (SIP) is to research, compile and update for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance accurate and complete profiles of individuals who meet specific coverage criteria. The team updates and maintains the Special Interest global database of individuals who are alleged to have committed offences above a specific financial threshold in particular crime categories.
The Research Editor is responsible for monitoring relevant news from a portfolio of countries in order to identify individuals who meet the Special Interest criteria. News monitoring is carried out through Factiva, the group's main research tool, although other electronic and non-electronic published sources may be consulted in order to obtain biographical data.
Within the profile, the Research Editor must accurately summarise in fluent English events relating to the individual and the reported allegations. The Research Editor must also monitor news for updates relating to the individuals covered to ensure the profiles are kept up to date.
In extracting data from Factiva sources, the editor must adhere to a set of coverage guidelines.
Depending on their skills and expertise the Research Editor may be required to compile Due Diligence (DD) reports on companies and/or individuals or contribute to other projects relating to the research and analysis of information relating to individuals.
Excellent research skills and attention to detail are required.
- Researching and identifying key data for individuals meeting the coverage criteria
- Ensuring that profiles are well-written, unbiased, complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Ensuring they meet coverage targets ensuring no backlog of data builds up
- Ensure updates are added in a timely fashion to profiles
- Ensuring that queries are handled correctly and in a timely fashion
- Suggesting improvements to the processes, tools and data relating to the identification and creation of the profiles
- Assisting with the compilation and distribution of key metrics and regular reports relating to profile data
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of additional languages are an advantage
- Education to degree level
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel
- Ability to use online tools to identify and extract key information
- Attention to detail
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Good organisational skills. The candidate must be able to track and prioritise tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30259
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top