- Master our in-house handbook and style guidelines quickly, and feel comfortable applying these rules to the databases for quality and consistency.
- Perform original research to input or update data in company records. Use various sources including Dow Jones databases and publications, Internet research, surveys, primary government documents such as SEC filings, and business journals.
- Learn about the venture capital and private equity life cycle, along with the mechanisms of the private capital markets, the global IPO process and interpret financing details from regulatory filings.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication ability/skill in order to build rapport with industry contacts.
- Have the ability to read a newspaper or spreadsheet and rapidly spot the errors that others failed to catch. At the same time, a sense of perspective is needed to see the bigger picture.
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion.
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute to projects as needed.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DATA STRATEGY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11410
Back to top