- Research the financing status and progress of venture capital and private equity-backed companies and investment firms.
- Update a proprietary database using various sources that may include news articles, regulatory filings, Internet research, surveys and social media.
- Learn venture capital and private equity lifecycle; and mechanisms of the private capital markets.
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute with projects as needed.
- Review workflows with an eye to improving process quality and providing system automation recommendations and strategies to manage solutions and data efficiently.
- Create and deliver high-quality custom reports, analysis, insight, perspective, and visualizations to clients, partners, and internal users by using advanced database querying and data analysis techniques.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive, quarterly global statistics related to investment, liquidity, and fundraising activity in private equity markets.
- Work closely with corporate communications, editorial, and analysis councils to deliver insightful content to the media; support outside media requests.
- Assist in the development and refinement of research methodologies, quality-assurance, and all other processes.
- Continue to acquire a deeper level of understanding of markets and customers, and act to produce higher-quality analysis.
- University degree required.
- Must be comfortable speaking effectively and professionally.
- Excellent proofreading and editorial skills.
- Experience in a Windows, Google or Mac environment.
- General knowledge about economics and the financial markets in general, and the venture capital industry in particular, is helpful but not necessary. A broad interest in learning more about these topics, as well as a fascination with high-tech entrepreneurial startups, is essential.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Access, and coding languages such as SQL, Python, VBA a plus, but not required.
- Information visualization and presentation.
- Understanding of private-capital markets; Familiarity with financial-services in general
- Detail-orientation, thoroughness, reliability, and ability to prioritize required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skill in English. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30219
Job Locations USA-CA-SAN FRANCISCO
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top